Our History

Immanuel Lutheran Church was built in 1926. On February 6, 1927, Pastor Niederwimmer gave the service of dedication for the original brick church building. Because of the growth in attendance at worship and Sunday School, a vote was made in the spring of 1953 to enlarge both the basement and the superstructure. Some improvements this plan allowed for included: room for an additional 125 worshippers, seven classrooms, a large social room, a modern spacious kitchen, and washrooms and closets.

In 1980, Immanuel Lutheran built a ranch-style parsonage in order to provide a pleasant home environment for their residing pastor. The parsonage is only a short walking distance from the church. It also includes a beautiful yard which allows privacy and space to enjoy the outdoors.

In 1993, a Saturday evening worship was added in addition to the Sunday service. This service has become a successful addition to Immanuel's needs and serves people of the congregation who are not able to attend worship on Sunday mornings, due to job commitments or other conflicts.

Immanuel Lutheran successfully completed and dedicated a $344,000 building addition in November 2002. This project enabled physically challenged congregants to utilize the church with the installation of an elevator. The project also included a beautifully designed narthex for fellowship, a church office, Pastor's study, new classrooms, and handicap accessible bathroom facilities.